Sunday, October 18, 2015

MAHARASTRIAN NARIYAL BATH

Have you ever tried some thing sweet with garam masala……..I have heard about the recipe through my friend, but I never tasted it. I wondered how any one could combine masala and jaggery, I was sure that it will not at all please my sweet palettes. But today when I tried this, I was awestruck by the taste.
You will have to try this once for sure. I have made a small variation to the traditional recipe by skipping the grated coconut and by adding coconut milk.
INGREDIENTS

  • Rice                   1cup
  • Water                 2cups
  • Coconut milk     1/2 cup
  • Jaggery              3/4 cup
  • Ghee                  3 Tsp
  • Cashews            12-15
  • Raisins               10
  • Cardamom         3
  • Bay leaf             1
  • Cinnamon          1 inch stick
  • Cloves               4   

PROCEDURE
Cook the rice with 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup coconut milk.
Heat ghee and fry the cashews, raisins and set aside.
In the same ghee add the cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves.
Add the cooked rice and jaggery.
Jaggery melts and the mixture loosens a bit.
Keep stirring till the rice becomes thick just like the chakrapongali.
Switch off the flame and add the fried nuts and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...